I'm not a natural blogger and I'm no techie. I'm an ultra trail runner by passion, and a journalist by profession - in that order of priority.
In this blog I use the one to talk about the other - my trail thoughts, musings and meanderings about running mountains and trails.
I call it rockhoppin', just because... well... that's what we trail runners love to do!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

rockhoppin' the escarpment

Crazy adventure photographer extraordinaire Kelvin Trautman kicked off his Durban beach slops to brave the chilly air up here earlier this week to take some great shots of Ryan (aka Mach1) and I on the very edge of the escarpment above the Sani Pass, doing what rockhoppers love to do.

Kelvin said he was disappointed he’d missed the snow.

We weren’t!

3 comments:

  1. REALLY NICE PICTURES, HOPE YOU ARE GETTING A COUPLE OF GREAT RUNS IN, WILL BE FOLLOWING YOUR EVERY MOVE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos. You both look ready to rock! I'm watching closely and wishing you the very best for your last few days of training. I'd like to be there - but a helicopter would do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shots..looks like the end of the earth! Good luck for Transalpine!

    ReplyDelete